My son had a lot of fun exploring the creek, fishing, making bonfire, etc! He loved his counselors Amanda and Garrot and I could tell he genuinely enjoyed the camp!
~ Ala S., 2020 Camp Parent
To keep traffic flowing smoothly each morning and afternoon and to maximize camper safety, each Butler Camp program has a designated drop-off and pickup point (see map below for details.)
8:45 AM - 9:00 AM
3:15 PM – 3:30 PM
Because our Summer Montessori Class will be dismissed between 3:00-3:10, please plan to arrive for afternoon pickup AFTER 3:10.
At dismissal, please follow the same procedure as you did for “drop off”. It is very important that drivers remain in their cars; counselors will assist any child who needs to be secured in a car seat, or will direct you to pull over if they need your assistance with safely securing your child in the car seat.
If an early pickup is needed, parents must pickup campers no later than 2:45 pm. Otherwise, parents will join the carpool lane and proceed to their child’s designated point of pickup. To assist with early departure readiness, parents can either call or email the Camp Office in advance and we will coordinate with Counselors to have campers in the Camp Office with their things. Parents should park in the Guest Parking area and call our camp office (301-977-6600). We will bring your camper out to you.
Safety is our top priority! Please pay attention to the following carpool guidelines:
- All parents are asked to remain in their vehicles as Counselors aid campers in/out of their cars and escort them to their program location.
- Please do not park in the carpool lanes as this hinders safe and timely transfer of campers and movement of other vehicles.
- Buses will drop their campers in carpool according to their program as well; it is essential that other drivers honor the STOP signs as buses unload/load and avoid passing.
- Please orient others in advance who may pick up your campers at a given time. They also must present their picture ID and be on your authorized list, which can be added to or changed as needed.
- We will typically have a Butler Camp team member aiding traffic flow. We appreciate your patience and cooperation as we navigate our coming and going.